Friday, September 7, 2012

Movie #7: Star Knight



Welcome to Sci-Fi 100! 
100 Sci-Fi movies in 100 days!
I really wanted to like  1985's "Star Knight" but I just couldn't get into it. I think it was a great idea for a movie but was poorly written and horribly executed.
But I must say... the poster rocks!
The movie is from Spain and was written & directed by Fernando Colomo. It starred the creepy Klaus Kinski, Harvey Keitel, and Fernando Rey.  The story is about an alien space traveler who comes to earth during medieval times. His spaceship is mistaken for a dragon and he is mistaken for some type of knight in some strange armor. Another good thing I can say about the film, besides the fact that the poster rocks, is that the spacesuit also rocks. I thought the costumes and the spaceship were well done. Too bad the script wasn't as well designed.
Anyhoo... this princess, who mistakes the alien for a knight, falls in love with him and leaves with him back to his dragon (spaceship.) Harvey Keitel is a knight that chases after the alien thinking that he is going to rescue the princess from a dragon. He tries to slay the dragon and the strange knight only to find out that a sword is no match for alien technology.



I couldn't find the english language trailer, but I did find the one in spanish. So, may I present to you the trailer to "El Caballero Del Dragon." Click the box to the left to watch it. And if you just have to have more, the entire movie (in English) is on youtube. 

Nothing more I can say about this one.

- Patrick Shawn Bennett
Broadcasting from anywhere else but here.

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment